The Post Conflict Correspondent

It is an absolute pleasure that I have teamed up with the award winning Safe World for Women, to become their correspondent on the issue of Post Conflict Recovery. 

As some may be aware, I am a British based writer and editor of Iraq Solidarity News (Al-Thawra) and for a number of years, post conflict health has been a special interest of mine, which has seen me write for a number of publications and speak on such matters, to news agencies like the BBC. 

I am also an active fundraiser for the mental health charity Combat Stress and I support the work of Britain's leading Holocaust education body the Anne Frank Trust UK.My writing credits on the health impacts of conflict include the Morning Star, Al-Ahram, the London Progressive Journal and the Palestine Chronicle. 

I have supported the Safe World for Women since its launch, back in March 2010, and have been in regular contact with the team ever since. Other organisations that I support include the Fire-fighters Charity, Blind Veterans UK & the Royal National Lifeboat Institute.

Comments